"What is a magnetic speed cube?" is a question that we hear often. We explain the different types of magnetic speed cubes, all of which we offer at SpeedCubeShop.com.
First let's get you familiar with the terminology:
|Non-Magnetic||Factory Magnetized||Magnetized by us|
Identifying a magnetic speed cube
- Product title will either say "Magnetic" or "M" for short
- Product image will have a magnet icon
- From the product page, you can view available magnetic configurations under the "Magnets" selection.
At this point, most major speed cube releases are exclusively available as Factory Magnetized which makes the decision to get magnets easy.
- Magnets increase stability by adding a slight weight increase which in turn promotes a smoother turning feel
- A dramatic increase in turning accuracy is the reason why most speed cubers love magnets
- Cost effective - Magnetic speed cubes are typically not much more than the non-magnetic counterpart
Honestly the only disadvantage is the increased cost which as discussed is marginal and well worth it.
If you have the option to pick up a magnetic speed cube, we can almost guarantee you will not be disappointed.
Magnets are especially useful in when solving bigger speed cubes such as a 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, and 7x7 because you can spend less time worrying about aligning every layer perfectly and allow the magnets to do the heavy lifting for you.
Magnetic clocks are the pro standard for the clock puzzle, with o-ring magnets to easily align the "pins of the clock"
$ 34.95 What was once a meme is finally here, QiYi has finally perfected their first version of a clock puzzle! This clock is by far the highest quality option available which is quickly noticed when using the puzzle. Featuring a total… >> SHOP PRODUCT <<
QiYi Clock Magnetic
What was once a meme is finally here, QiYi has finally perfected their first version of a clock puzzle! This clock is by far the highest quality option available which is quickly noticed when using the puzzle. Featuring a total… >> SHOP PRODUCT <<